Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Reason Two: Being the Party Girl.

Dixie State University is Known for its partying. The students here go HARD. And truthfully, after having my heart ripped out, that's ALL I wanted to do, have fun, forget, and lose myself to the booze. And so, I did. I partied every night for a month straight. I can't remember most of it. But I do remember that it was fun. Until I started drinking on my own, in my room, before 5 PM. I was slipping into the deep dark pit of alcoholism rapidly. I began doing more than just drinking. I tried pot, I tried pills, I almost tried Extacy. But, one night I came home drunk beyond belief, and took a bunch of pills, to many. I remember feeling like I was going to die. So, being raised as your typical run of the mill, white bread, Grade A mormon, I prayed. I wasn't ready to die. I pleaded for help to get through this, and for the strength to get away from this life and get help. I made it through the night, and went to school the next day, surprisingly refreshed and alert. I Decided from that Night on I would change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment